Career Transition & Outplacement Services
Talent Solutions Outplacement Partner Services
While the word partnership is thrown around a lot these days, nothing is as powerful in business. We understand we can deliver so much more to our clients when we expand the way we work, and with whom.
By forming a strategic alliance with an organisation that enjoys a long and extensive track record of delivering tailored and proven outplacement solutions, we continue to build on the effective programs delivered not only to our clients, but the individuals who benefit significantly from the process.
Specifically, our partner has:
- Decades of experience helping organisations plan and implement downsizing and redundancy programs
- Experience working at all levels of an organisation from senior managers right through to the shop floor
- Worked with organisations ranging in size from large to small
- Extensive experience rolling out outplacement and career transition programs in both capital cities and regional/ country locations all around Australia
- Been entrusted by organisations looking to rightsize by thousands of people over a number of years, close manufacturing plants, adapt to technological changes meaning changes in the way work is performed, all the way through to companies going through minor change but wanting to support outgoing team members.
Their true skill lies in designing tailored solutions to reflect a client’s range of needs across career transition assistance, job search centres, active retirement programs, workshops and one-on-one programs. This tailored approach means program delivery is specific to each target group ensuring greater success metrics across the board.
Committed to Success
Success comes from a commitment not only to our clients, but the affected individuals going through our programs. This means real and meaningful outcomes for both parties. Our partner will deliver this by:
- Being involved in the early planning process of the change program
- Being involved in, or managing relevant IR elements
- Planning and implementing a strategic program of both internal and external communications to support every stage of the process
- Training Line Managers to deliver bad news
- Training managers in “survivor management” and to limit the amount of top talent leaving the organisation
- Designing programs that have typically seen participants halve the amount of time they spend in job search
- Having a national panel of coaches with both life and work experience – many having experienced redundancy themselves.
A Powerful Partnership
We often receive the feedback that we deliver on our commitment to partner with our clients. Our partnership only extends this further to those going through outplacement programs. Some of the tangible ways we do this include:
- Offering a guarantee under which a participant in one-on-one programs can return to their program if they leave early to take up a job and that job doesn’t work out
- Offering access to both online and hard copy resources that are contemporary and easy to use
- Offering access to our recruitment network and contemporary, hard hitting job search advice based on our knowledge of how companies recruit
- Offering access to both female and male coaches all around Australia, all accredited to deliver our materials, and who have all having worked with us for years
- All assignments are quality checked and coaches given feedback on a continuous basis
- Our mandate to be accountable for outcomes, designing and agreeing KPIs to underpin any service being offered
- Our commitment to design programs to match a client’s needs and budgets.
Personality Profiling and Psychometric Testing
Delivering human insight for better decision-making in recruitment
During recruitment, like in all human interactions, it is often hard to get a clear, unbiased view on candidates just through conversation and interviewing. Each recruitment decision can have a lasting impact on a business’s performance, culture and reputation, but too often these important decisions come down to guess work.
Psychometric testing (or personality profiling) is an essential part of the recruitment process, helping to take the guess work out of decision making by arming hiring managers with accurate and valid data on candidates.
We partner with an Australian-based personality profiling solution that has been specifically designed to meet the needs of business today. This solution offers key insights during recruitment that help to understand…
- A candidate’s individual personality strengths and weaknesses and how these align to the needs of the role
- Insight into their underlying motivations, how the role will align to their needs and how to keep them engaged
- Their interpersonal skills and ability to connect with others, to collaborate and to influence
- Their personality and working style and how this aligns to culture
- Their alignment to key elements of the role, whether this be sales, problem solving, change management, innovation, leadership or more.
During recruitment, this information also provides valuable insight on which areas to explore further during the interview process, and any concerns that need to be addressed before moving forward.
A valid and proven profiling solution
Our personality profiling partner provides a rich and holistic view of candidates by pulling together a range of personality elements including the Five Factor Personality Profile, Emotional Intelligence and a range of other bespoke personality metrics.
The Five Factor Personality Profile
The Five Factor Personality Profile is the only proven approach to personality profiling that is used across industry as well as in academic and professional psychology. In particular, it has been shown that the Five Factor Model of Personality provides an excellent framework for understanding personality at work.
The Five Factor Model measures personality traits against five key dimensions – Conscientiousness, Agreeableness, Emotionality, Openness and Extroversion.
At work – as in all areas of life – our emotions also play a role. Our ability to use emotion effectively plays an important role in understanding our approach to work, our motivations, our interpersonal skills and our general emotional control.
Critical insight for those in inter-personal roles – especially leaders – our profiling partner looks at emotion across four key dimensions: Ability to perceive and feel emotions, ability to understand emotions, ability to use emotional information in decision making and ability to control emotions positively.
To help provided a rounded and clear view of candidates, our profiling partner has also developed a range of bespoke profiling metrics. By including these in the base profile, we can be sure we understand all we need to know before making critical decisions about personnel.
These bespoke metrics include areas such as approach to innovation, appetite for risk, humility, resilience, response to change, sales and marketing and more.
Customised to your business needs
At Ai Group, we understand that each organisation we engage with is unique and needs something different from the team members they bring on board.
That’s why we’ve partnered with a profiling solution that will work with each client on a one-on-one basis, customising the reports to each individual position, and providing valuable personality data tuned in to your business today.